Friday, May 20, 2011

20 Books This Year Project: #10, Winnie The Pooh, by A.A. Milne

Okay, yeah, it's a children's book. But I have a few reasons why this was my tenth book read this year. #1: it came free on my I-Phone when I updated my phone and the "I-Books" app appeared. #2: I had never read it, so what the hell. It's better than playing Angry Birds while waiting for my lunch to show up or sitting at the car wash. #3: I believe it made the 100 books you read meme that's been going around, so, hey, I read an important book, so to speak. What did I think of it! If I was six, I would've loved it. It's cleverly written, it certainly sells the idea of letting a child's imagination run free quite well. But even the six-year-old in me would've thought that Pooh was kind of a dumb-ass. But that's the point I guess. So, that makes it charming. Right? I've decided not to grade "classic" literature, because it's earned enough in its standing to not be judge by someone like me. So there.

No comments: